- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service?
Be a part of our team at The Lodge at Grand Junction, opening in April 2019. The Lodge at Grand Junction is designed for easy Colorado living with many options to support seniors’ active lifestyle and wellness. Experience majestic Mesa views with a prime location near physicians’ offices, St Mary’s Medical Center, shopping and the best Grand Junction has to offer.
Life can be enjoyed with all the comforts of home in our 36 assisted living apartments and suites and 12 memory care apartments in our distinctive residence. Amenities will include 24-hour on-site staffing and emergency response personnel, state-of-the-art technology to support independence and enrichment, personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. The Lodge at Grand Junction will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences including a greenhouse and horticulture area. In addition, our skilled nursing facility is conveniently located within a few miles of The Lodge at Grand Junction. With that, we’re able to provide a continuum of care while we serve our seniors’ needs on all levels.
Our name, WellAge reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. The Lodge at Grand Junction is owned and operated by WellAge Senior Communities. We are adding six new communities over the next two years and we’d love for you to join our team!
The Dietary Aide’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance in all food functions following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. The person in this role is entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Dining Services Director in order to assist in food preparation, serve a well-balanced meal and maintain a clean and sanitary dining hall.
Dining Maintenance Duties:
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties
- Assist cook in preparing meals that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with established portion control procedures
- Set up and deliver meal trays, food carts, etc., to designated areas
- Assist in checking meal plates/trays before distribution
- Serve food in dining room as instructed
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary
- Prepare and deliver snacks as instructed
- Work closely with other kitchen staff and other dietary aides
- Provide good customer service to residents to ensure the best dining experience
- Take orders, serve food and drinks, remove dinnerware from table in timely fashion
- Help with food preparation and cleaning duties
- Help create and maintain the dining ambiance for residents
- Transmit residents’ food orders to the kitchen, identify residents’ special dietary needs and requests
- Adhere to sanitation and safety requirements in the kitchen and dining room
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information
- Maintain a liaison with other department directors to adequately plan for food services/activities
Ability to multi-task
Work efficiently and effectively
Work well with people including staff, residents, families
Have empathy, a caring attitude and sincere interest in others
Ability to foster teamwork
Enjoy working with older people
Communicate clearly and effectively
Skills and Knowledge:
Properly use supplies and maintain equipment; follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of an 8th grade education
None, on the job training provided; experience in the food industry preferred
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which may include a mental and physical examination
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatable
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas, atmosphere is warm for cooking
- Moves intermittently during working hours
- Is subject to frequent interruptions
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances
- Communicates with the resident services staff, and other department supervisors
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer