- Are you naturally good at effectively communicating with others?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Are you an individual who enjoys managing multiple things at one time?
- Does it excite you to be a part of a team who helps and cares for others?
Be a part of our team at The Lodge at Grand Junction, opening in April 2019. The Lodge at Grand Junction is designed for easy Colorado living with many options to support seniors’ active lifestyle and wellness. Experience majestic Mesa views with a prime location near physicians’ offices, St Mary’s Medical Center, shopping and the best Grand Junction has to offer.
Life can be enjoyed with all the comforts of home in our 36 assisted living apartments and suites and 12 memory care apartments in our distinctive residence. Amenities will include 24-hour on-site staffing and emergency response personnel, state-of-the-art technology to support independence and enrichment, personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. The Lodge at Grand Junction will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences including a greenhouse and horticulture area. In addition, our skilled nursing facility is conveniently located within a few miles of The Lodge at Grand Junction. With that, we’re able to provide a continuum of care while we serve our seniors’ needs on all levels.
Our name, WellAge reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. The Lodge at Grand Junction is owned and operated by WellAge Senior Communities. We are adding six new communities over the next two years and we’d love for you to join our team!
The Housekeeper will perform the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the community. The person in this position will ensure the community is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current and existing federal and state regulations and established company policy and procedures.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms and recreational areas daily as instructed
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting
- Clean walls and ceiling by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacles with plastic liner
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc. as necessary and directed
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures, as instructed, when a resident is discharged, and/or transferred
- Assure that work/cleaning procedures schedules are followed as closely as practical
- Seek new methods and principles and incorporate them into housekeeping practices
- Maintain appearance of housekeeping areas in a safe, clean, and comfortable manner
- Perform assigned day-to-day housekeeping functions
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments and established housekeeping procedures
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times, including before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day
- Assure that an adequate inventory or housekeeping supplies are maintained
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room-call lights, etc., to the supervisor as soon as practical
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, such as protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
Quality Standard Duties:
- Ensure established infection control practices are maintained when performing housekeeping measures
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and using equipment and supplies
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment
- Follow established fire-safety policies and procedures
- Report all accidents/incidents to the supervisor
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident-care information
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as directed or requested
- Honor residents’ personal property
- Turn in all found articles to the supervisor
- Attend departmental and staff meetings
- Attend and participate in in-service education classes and on-the-job training programs
Ability to organize and prioritize the workload
Work efficiently and effectively
Demonstrate friendliness and enthusiasm
Have empathy, a caring attitude and sincere interest in others
Work well with people including staff, residents, and families
Communicate clearly and effectively
Have an imagination and creative skills
Skills and Knowledge:
- Properly use supplies and maintain equipment
- Follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
- Understand proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred
One-year experience in a health care facility preferred
- Walking 3 hours per shift
- Standing 4-5 hours per shift while cleaning
- Lifting 1-20# frequently, 21-35# occasionally, 36-70# rarely
- Pushing 1-20# frequently, 21-35# occasionally, 36-70# rarely
- Pulling 1-20# frequently, 21-35# occasionally, 36-70# rarely
- Bending, reaching, squatting, and kneeling, crawling and climbing
- Using large and small housekeeping equipment
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer